From Superintendent Darryl Seguin:
On September 30, Livingstone Range School Division announced that athletics and extracurricular activities could resume on October 19. We are happy to share more details about protocols for athletics to ensure the well-being of our students and staff as they resume sports activities.
- All students registered with LRSD are eligible to participate in extracurricular athletics
- Mini-leagues will occur within the Division so that games will be played against other LRSD schools in cohorts. Crowsnest Consolidated HS, Livingstone School, and Matthew Halton HS are one cohort, while J.T. Foster School, Willow Creek Composite HS, Granum School, and F.P. Walshe form the other cohort.
- Volleyball will run October 19 to December 17, 2020
- Basketball will run from early January to mid-March, 2021
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
Full details about COVID-19 precautions, practice and game protocols, and participant expectations can be found in the Livingstone Range School Division Extracurricular Activities Guide.
Other extracurricular activities will occur and will be approved by school-based administration going forward.
We thank our athletes, parents, coaches, and Athletic Directors for their patience and commitment to sport. With the proper precautions and good sportsmanship, these sports opportunities can promote wellness, camaraderie, and personal growth for our students.